CSMG provides strategic advisory services ranging from growth and business transformation to ecosystem and business model evolution. Our peerless industry depth and experience, signature strategy and quantitative methodologies enable our clients to make sound business decisions in a complex and ever-changing market.
New product development is a very costly and risky business, making a rigorous, integrated Product Lifecycle Management discipline a critical strategic imperative. Cartesian and parent company TMNG Global have two decades of successful experience in supporting, designing and optimising the product lifecycle management process for our clients in all sectors.
Product Lifecycle Management
Successful product innovation is a key driver of revenue growth, competitive margins and, in some cases, even business survival. The ability to bring innovative products and services to market quickly, efficiently and ahead of the competition is the primary source of long-term competitive advantage. In addition, as enterprises increasingly leverage core capabilities of partners and vendors, products are increasingly delivered with external partners, requiring companies to both integrate internally and with external partners, suppliers and customers, creating end-to-end supply chain processes and capabilities.
A successful product/service portfolio involves careful planning and management throughout the development and support throughout each entire lifecycle from ideation, concept development and testing, marketing strategy, business analyses, product development to post-sale service and managing the customer experience. This includes the integration of traditional new product introduction responsibilities such as product innovation, design and collaboration, with sourcing and procurement, supply chain planning and execution and service. This is the glue that binds your processes and operations to control and maximize product profitability.
A commercially focused product development discipline will be both market and customer-centric; proactively leading, managing and optimizing product performance from creation, through launch and through all phases of the product lifecycle. As you evaluate your product lifecycle systems and processes, the following key questions should be addressed:
- How can I reduce time to market cycles for new products and product enhancements?
- How do I transform my legacy systems and processes to profitably launch new converged services based upon VoIP and IMS?
- How do I effectively manage disparate product data stored in multiple product catalogues?
- How do I manage cross-functional, geographically dispersed product teams productively and efficiently?
- How do I effectively leverage and manage all partners in my supply chain?
- How can I react with more agility in the event of rapidly changing technologies, market or customer requirements?
- What are the correct metrics to determine the success of a new product?
- How do I assess my product portfolio to identify products for retirement?
- Do my product managers have the right skills and data to develop and plan new complex content products and bundles?
- Are my product managers focusing on top line metrics or on full product profitability over the entire lifecycle?
- How do I plan and measure against a product performance at different stages of the product’s lifecycle?
Cartesian can help you find the answers.
Product Lifecycle Management – Specific Services
From launching new Mobile Virtual Network Operators to VoIP services for business and consumers to process re-engineering, Cartesian and our strategy division, CSMG, have two decades of successful experience in supporting, designing and optimising the product lifecycle management process for our clients in all sectors. Our services include:
- Product planning and strategy
o Opportunity assessment
o Market sizing
o Marketing and pricing strategies
o Marketing plans
o Competitive positioning
- Product development/launch support
- Business requirements and use cases
- Customer experience
- Marketing plans
- Launch planning and support
- Product profitability and rationalization
- PLM process improvement and redesign
We have experience across the product strategy and development cycle, ranging from high-level opportunity sizing to realisation and go-to-market support, including product testing. We have developed approaches to integrate product profitability into PLM using detailed, bottom-up cost analysis supplemented with top-down allocations of other costs across customers and lines.
Optimizing the OSS/BSS architecture and processes to allow for new services to market in weeks or even days requires a thorough understanding of customer care, operations, IT, network, market, product, and industry implications. Cartesian’s extensive experience with communications and network infrastructure, support systems and processes, devices, and services enables us to provide our global customer base with the expertise they need to build innovative products and enter new markets.